Saturday, April 08, 2006

Taipei

I got to Taipei and I am staying at the hostel in the city center. The hostel is called "Happy Family" and it is a nice place. It is located in a "SoHo" type area - I've got the bohemian part of the city as I wished. Taipei seems a much more relaxed place (in comparison to Hong Hong). There's an occasional piece of garbage on the streets... It's neither too clean nor too dirty, which I consider a healthy state and more accessible than the spotless HK. People are dressed... normally, and more creatively i.e. not in the latest fashion brands. I like laid-back places. Nobody can speak English so it is hard to communicate. If I stay I will have to learn some Mandarin to make my life easier. I would like to stay here, yes indeed. Tomorrow I am going to start job hunting. Nikki and Farhaan are coming back to Taipei tomorrow so maybe I can use some advice from them. I will be in touch shortly with more news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home