Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hong Kong once more

Even though I found the internet heaven it was hard for me to visit it - I have been running around the city with the friends from the hostel. I will be leaving to Taiwan the day after tomorrow and once I find a place to stay and a job I will be in touch more often. And, I will write all my thoughts on India which are still in my drafts folder. I am adding things as I read more books about India.

To escape the glitter of the city centre and it's business-like atmosphere I went to Stanley beach on the Hong Kong island a few times with Traige aka Trojka from Holland and it is a very nice place. Hong Kong is like NY but it lacks what I call a bohemian district, like East Village in NY. There's the "old part" on the island but it is mostly old streets and little stores - there's no artistic atmosphere here. Everything is basically new: all that's built, worn, driven... It's incredible at the beginning to see this but it gets one tired... I heard that Taiwan looks more like mainland China so maybe I will find it more interesting? Let's wait and see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home