Saturday, June 04, 2005

Heading toward Santiago

I didn't go to the mountains because of the unaccesible roads. I don't want to stay here for the weather to get better because it is rather unpredictable. I hope to return one day during November-March season when it's possible to go to the high mountains every day. I spent the last few days with a very nice group of people I met at the hostal: Leslie and Caleb from Australia, Ilan from Israel, Femke and Jan from Holland and Jacob from Germany. We went to visit a beautiful and huge park in Mendoza and yesterday we just spent all day in the hot springs. Jacob asked me if there were any bikinis there when I went before and I said no, not really, it's out of season and very quiet. But just as we got there a group of about 30 girls who are on a school trip from Santa Fe came to the spring so there were in fact lots of bikins there! Jacob was in heaven, sitting in he sauna surrounded by a group of girls. The girls where really nice. They were all 17 years old and told us about their college plans and asked us about our travels. At the end we were all sitting in a small jacuzzi - it was crowded to the limits. Femke took a picture because it was unbelievable how many people could fit into that jacuzzi - it was like these competitions of who can fit more people into a Fiat 126p. I think we stayed in the jacuzzi for about 2 hours. We returned to the hostal pleasantly tired and enjoyed an evening of beer, wine, snacks and movies.

In an hour I am going to Santiago in Chile. I will be in touch from there. Besos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home