Saturday, May 21, 2005

Punto Arenas

I spent a day here and it's a nice port city on the Magellan Strait. I walked around it all day and I especially liked the old port with old houses and port buildings. But I got very cold, especially at the hostal at which the heat doesn't seem to be working. It's possible to get on a boat (naval or commercial) going to Antarctica. I would like to do it one day but maybe in the summer as now I am afraid I would freeze my butt off. I would have to have very professional clothing and it would be impossible to carry it around to other places. The owner of the hostal is also a fisherman and he works on the fish farm (trout and salmon) 8 hours sail from Punto Arenas. I could go with his ship. There are many possibilities to see Antarctica it seems. I think it would be an amazing experience. I am going to Puerto Natales in half an hour. More details soon. Muchos besos in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home