Monday, May 23, 2005

El Calafate

Yesterday I went to Torres del Paine park in Chile and I will report about this amazing place soon. Today I came to El Calafate which is north of Puerto Natales and is on the Argentinian side of Patagonia. The whole area which I saw in the last few days is amazingly beautiful. But it-s getting really cold... I am going tomorrow to see the Perito Moreno glacier and then at night I am going to board a bus which will take me to Bariloche, however I can-t go north because the only road leading there, route 40, is closed (because of snow and ice = it will reopen in the summer) and I will have to go back to Rio Gallegos and then to Commodoro Rivadavia and Puerto Madryn. Rats! I was late a few days = the boat and road traffic north was closed last week so now I have to do this trip of 3 days on the bus going around the closed areas. The computer is very slow and it-s hard to write... I will be back with details in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home