Saturday, May 28, 2005

National Park in Bariloche

I got back from the tour totally wet. It was raining all day. The clouds were so thick that it was rather dark. There was mist everywhere and the park looked like a hounted place. We went along the shores of the lakes and then went to see a "black glacier" which is black or rather dark gray and the color comes from the volcanic ashes. This glaciar, unlike Perito Moreno, slowly melts and it will in time disappear. Here also I saw the chips of ice falling into the lake. I also saw a few avalanches in the distant mountains and the noise of the falling ice and snow was loud as thunder. On our way back we passed many waterfalls and went through dense evergreen forests. This is another face of Patagonia. The Patagonian desert is in the east, the mountains are in the south and the lakes and forests are on the west. Because it was raining so hard we stopped at a park restaurant twice to get some lunch and to warm our feet by the fireplace. A mix of a Collie and a Husky lives at the restaurant and we had a lot of fun playing with him - and that made everything which was not wet before wet after we finished chasing him around. In general the region of Barlioche resembles that of the northern and southern Poland. It is very beautiful but since it looks familiar, it doesn't make me so breathless as the places I have seen before.

Tomorrow I am going north to Mendoza with three girls from Australia who went on the tour with me today and who are heading in the same direction. It will take us 18 hours to get there. "Hostal Periko's" is another great place. I am glad I will spend one more evening with the people whose home it will be for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home