Monday, May 09, 2005

PATAGONIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it to Patagonia today at noon!!! I still can*t (I don*t know when the rotten apostrophe is on this keyboard) believe it. I always thought years will pass before I will get here (it was one of my wildest dreams) and here I am. I stayed a few extra days in B. Aires because I really become to love it. I started feeling very comfortable in the city (I think I could live there), got friendly with many people, travellers and locals. Hostal San Telmo is the best hostal I have ever visited. The atmosphere is wonderful in that place. People do things together !@#$%^&*()_+}{" I can-t figure out the symbols on this computer, rats!, walk the city together, some cook for the others, they go to bars, some take showers together. There*s one bathroom for girls and boys so people sometimes brush their teeth together. I habitally brushed mine with an Israeli guy who had the same brushing schedule I had. We talked with our mouths full of toothpase = great fun. The day before I left there was a birthday to celebrate and it was celebrated in style = there was lots of food prepared by everyone and three cakes. I, and the girls from my room, dropped at 2 am and the rest of the party moved to the Senegalese bar. They came back just as I woke up at 11am. But whatever people do in that hostal, it never is over the limits. All the people who come there are very intelligent, witty and have great sense of humor. I will remember my stay there very warmly and hope to return one day.

I boarded the bus to Puerto Madryn at 7.30 pm yesterday and got here at noon. The bus was very comfortable, even the food was included in the price. The sun rose at 8.15 and I watched it coming up and lighting up the endless vast desert. More of the details tomorrow because the computer is driving me crazy.

Tomorrow I am renting a bike and going 17 km along the coast to where I will see sealions. I will write about the amazing day I had today and tomorrow*s adventure when I come back in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home