Tuesday, November 01, 2005

All Saints Day

Today is All Saints Day or Dia del Muertos. However, due to the traffic on the road and the amount of car accidents which are usually higher than during any other day of the year in Poland, my father and I visited the cementaries where the family members lie yesterday and the day before yesterday. We went to three cementaries in three different parts of the city, put flowers on graves and lit candles. All Saints Day is, according to the Polish tradition, a rather sad holiday- a holiday during which the passed away are remembered and the living pray for their salvation in the afterlife.

I went to the forest behind my house in the morning. Buffcio and Maksio ran a lot. I could watch them playing for hours. The weather was beautiful and there were not many people. The forest was warm and quiet... I could feel the energy emanating from the birch trees... The monumentality of nature and its energy is an endless prayer on any day of the year... Now I am sitting at the computer in Hania and Wojtek's bedroom. Hania made a delicious cotlet indykowy, mniam, mniam, yummy, yummy. Now we are going to drink tea and talk endlessly as we never have enough talk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home