Monday, October 24, 2005

Saved!

I got an e-mail from Yvonne that Wilma passed them and they are saved. People from Progreso and Merida went out to the beach and celebrated that the gods of nature spared them this time. I am so happy for them! Cancun, Cozumel and Michal's favorite beach - Playa des Mujeres, were badly damaged and it will take time to do the reparations...

My tooth was also saved. I stayed in bed since Friday morning except for one short outing to the internet wanting to get news from Yvonne and one short outing to cast my vote for the president (I looked at them closely, watched the presidencial debates and decided to vote), knocked out by anti-inflamatory drugs and painkillers, wrapped in double down comforters made by my late grandmother and with a very hairy Mexican hat on my head and face to keep the heat on... and today Dr Prochnicka (Dr Cavity) decided inflammation of the nerve got smaller and will be beaten by the drugs alone! Tomorrow I am going to buy the ticket to Moscow for Friday, October 4th and from there I will look for connections to Bejing. I decided not to panic and travel the way I have been travelling so far - not making reservations too far ahead.

I remain yours, Toothfull Traveller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home