Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Pain aka Pandemonium

So today there was no time for our usual talk at The Daily Pain, just no talk whatsoever. Today a beehive of hungry customers invaded The Daily Pain... It happens on some weekends... The stream of people is coming, and coming and coming... there's a line at the door all day... the dishwasher works full speed but still can't keep up with washing and there's not enough glasses, egg cups, plates... and things are slowed down, and customers are impatient, and we run like crazy to make things work... If you can believe the value of food I sold during my 9 hour shift was $1,600. Do you know how many sandwiches, salads, coffees and pastries I delievered? Sounds like impossible... It means I made about 50 km walking around that restaurant, feeding all these hungry mouths... On Saturdays and Sundays like this, at the end of the shift I don't know my name anymore... On Monday I wake up at 5:00 am, start work at 6:30, finish at 3:00, go to school 6-10 pm, and when I come home around 11 pm I not only don't remember my name, I don't know who I am at all, and what the purpose of this, let me call it purgatory, is... It's all a blurr... When I wake up on Tuesday morning, I remember my name but the purpose is still unclear... I recover though and on Wednesday it all comes back to me again! Until the next weekend pandemonium... But I am not complaning. The amnesia is temporary. The feeling of having a purpose is always staying deep inside me and it comes back when the body recovers. The one thing that I can't stand in life, I really absolutely can't stand and won't ever, is boredom, so anything other than that is fine. Nothing in my life is boring. What I study is super interesting to me and the customers at PQ are constant entertainment. Some are very difficult and very confused, as I mentioned before, but dealing with them helps in training patience and benevolence - sometimes I feel like casting a bad spell on them but eventually I just let them deal with their issues by themselves and their karma to teach them what it suppose to. Let Ganesh take care of that and put obstacles on their path when they are needed and lift the obstacles after the lessons from overcoming them have been learned.

So my friend Katarina has been staying with me. She left her apartment and is looking for another nest and until she finds it, she will be staying in my monasterio. Katarina also studies and works at a restaurant (but totally different hours) so there's not much time we can actually spend together but when we can, we listen to around-the-world music, burn incense, read wise books (Katarina studies anthropology) and have insightfull conversations.

Yours truly, without a name... until Tuesday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A spot on description. You have made peoples daily hell a sort of poem for the overworked.

September 20, 2007 at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home