Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lima

I am still enjoying Lima. It's colder and friskier now than when I was here four months ago. I am roaming the city by buses, small and big, different colors and makes. I went to the Turkish baths and the Museo del Arte and the many churches I haven't visited before.

I am not going to come to NY for Emese's and Kura's wedding. The ticket prices are very expensive and it seems it's impossible to get any last minute tickets in this part of the world. My thoughts and my heart will be with the novios and all the guests on that day but my body will have to remain in South America. I decided that I will go north in a few days. It would be better to stay in one place during the high season but I think north of Peru is not as popular with tourists as the south so it should be fine. The raugh plan is to travel north and then west as far as Mexico and then to California and from there maybe to India as I first planned. The plan is a rough plan - things may pop up along the way that will change the course.

Yesterday I watched Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine. What a really good movie that is. I totally agree with MM that it all comes down to politicians and how they can effect the general atmosphere of a country. I know all the places MM went to - Detroit, Flynt and Troy in Michigan and Windsor in Canada - I feel I can really relate to what he wants to say in the movie. I like how he exposes the narowmindedness of politicians and people like Charlton Heston (who in the end leave the interview because they cannot defend their silly and selfish point of view). During my travels I have been thinking a lot about politics and how it really affects mankind. More on this when I come back to the internet place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home