Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

Today will be my first day of school. Probigua is on the same street on which Maya Luna is, on 6 Avenida Norte, just a few blocks away further down from the city center. I am also going to go to a huge library behind the Cathedral - Mike told me I can find there good books to study from. I am going to really concentrate on the language now. I already feel I picked many words and I can more or less understand what people say to me. Polish, English and Spanish belonging to the same family of languages helps. I will finish classes at 6pm and when I come home I will put on my best sunflower summer dress and join Herb who asked me to be his valentine for tonight (I turned down all other offers :)). Herb stays in Luna Maya and is a very energetic 70-year-old grandpa. We'll have dinner together and he will tell me about his adventures in Guatemala and I will tell him about my experiences so far. I don't know if anything interesting will be happening in the next week or so as I will be just sitting with my nose in the books. But I will be in touch with tiny little details and maybe I can even construct something sensible in Spanish soon. Muchos besos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home