Friday, March 25, 2005

Easter and Puno

To all my friends celebrating Easter: have a wonderful and spiritual Easter. Spend time with your loved ones, rest and do things you like doing most and rejuvenate - above all Easter is about resurection and every day is a resurection and a new beginning so celebrate the new beginnings, which make everything possible, during Easter and all other days of the year.

Tomorrow at 8 am I am going by train to Puno. I heard that it is the train service operating on the highest altitude in the world and views are magnificient so I decided to go by train instead of bus. It's a 10 hour trip but it shouldn't be tiring because there's space to streach out.

Today I bought a long sweather made of alpaca. I have to mention this because I think what saved me from getting a cold during the Inca trail (and most people did get sick) were my alpaca socks. I got them on the market and I was amazed how warm and water repelent they were. I could feel the water moving in my shoes but my feet were not cold. The alpaca hair seems to be the best fiber in the world. All the goretexes, polars, and other synthetics are nothing in comparison. Why do people struggle inventing things instead of using what nature created for them?!

Much love and hugs to all, I will write from Puno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home